Thursday, January 24, 2013

40 Lessons from 40 Years

If you are married and reading this or you hope to be married and are reading this, the stark reality is that you most likely will never make it to 40 years of marriage.  My grandparents were married for 65 1/2 years. That is my bench mark.  One of my goals in life is to raise the bar of marriage and even eclipse my grandparents years of marriage.  I realize that I cannot do this alone.  

In a given week, married couples are rarely encouraged in their marriage. Instead, a typical week is full of challenges and even threats to a thriving, Christ-centered marriage.   This week Dennis Rainey has been sharing 40 lessons form his 40 years of marriage on FamilyLife Today. (http://www.familylife.com/) For the past 21 years of my married life, Dennis has been mentoring me on a weekly basis. I have attended the Weekend to Remember Conferences with my wife multiple times. (Shop FamilyLife - Cincinnati ) I have read his books.  And most recently, I have listened to his podcasts on family. The reason: I need help. I am a broken man who needs instruction on how to be a better husband and father.  And I desire to finish well as a father!  I hope you too will enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment