Monday, September 26, 2011

Fathers Shepherd Your Family Spiritually

This morning I was studying the idea of Shepherding the flock among you from 1 Peter 5:2. While I am in full time ministry and this relates  to my specific role, it also reminds me of my responsibility as a father.  I am to be a shepherd of my family. Paul puts it this way: "And, fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord." (Ephesians 5:4)  How are you doing in this area? How am I doing in this area?  I have made great progress yet need to excel still more.  If you are a father of young children, I would recommend the following devotionals that will help you lead your family spiritually. When our four children were younger, we had a family night once a week. And while I first thought I would be using an overhead with detailed notes, instead I found a series of devotionals that are  simple to use.  The series is called the Family Nights Tool Chest. The first book is entitled: "Introduction to Family Nights Tool Chest."  They also have Family Nights Tool Chests for Holidays, Science projects and many other topics. If fathers want to finish well, we need to be leading our families spiritually.  I have two listed in my what "I Recommend" panel.  So, let's lead our families well by shepherding them spritually!

No comments:

Post a Comment