Monday, October 10, 2011

COURAGEOUS TRUTH IS NEEDED IN OUR CULTURE, ask Steve Jobs...

This  past weekend I saw the movie "Courageous" with my family.  And while I know some will refuse to watch movies from Sherwood Pictures, I would like to say that it is worth both your time and money.  The Biblical truth this movie promotes hits our culture right between the eyes.  How do we get to the end of our lives without regret?   We invest in that which is eternal.  Think about this past week. How often were you encouraged to invest in eternity? If you are a father, how often were you encouraged to be a great father?  The movie "Courageous" is calling men to step up and be fathers who take their responsibility seriously  to lead their family spiritually and invest in eternity.  Namely, we are challenged to invest in people.  After living on planet earth for 56 years, Steve Jobs was arguably one of the most innovative men of our time. Yet, it came at a price.  He gives the following reasons (From MSNBC.com)  for writing his anticipated autobiography:


"I wanted my kids to know me," Jobs was quoted as saying by Pulitzer Prize nominee Walter Isaacson, when he asked the Apple Inc co-founder why he authorized a tell-all biography after living a private, almost ascetic life.

"I wasn't always there for them, and I wanted them to know why and to understand what I did," Jobs told Isaacson in their final interview at Jobs' home in Palo Alto, California.
Steve Jobs obviously had regret. He had accomplished more in this life than most will ever. But it came at a price.  Let's be men and women who invest in eternity.  This moment, this day, this week, this month, this year because Finishing is better then starting!  Check out the "Courageous" trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment