Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's All about our heart: Mark 7:6


This past week I was challenged to consider the condition of my heart.  I find it easy to hide from others and from sharing what is really going on in my heart. At times, I need to be asked how my heart is doing with specific questions from friends.  Because it is so hard for men to do this, we have used an activity called "The Hot Seat".   I was with 5 students last weekend on our way home from Michigan and for almost 4 hours we each went on "The Hot Seat". This meant we could ask any question we wanted of each other.  This activity is an excellent way to probe areas in your life that  are challenging to go to .  Obviously, this needs to be explored in the context of a safe group of people who you can trust.  But I recommend it.  So how is your heart today? Have you ever put yourself on "The Hot Seat " with a group of your friends?  "The people honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from me." (Mark 7:6)  It would seem that to finish well, I need to allow others to ask hard question in order for me to get to what is going on in my heart.  I long for what I say and do to match what is going on in my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment